Bill Chuck (Billy-Ball his own self)
FROM THE BILL CHUCK FILES…
By Baseball Newstalgist, Bill Chuck
NINE TO KNOW
April 11, 2009 – Here are nine things you need to know in order to talk baseball today.
1. The Angels return from their loss, to win – Halos top Red Sox, 9-3
2. The Marlins show that Cantu spirit – Walkoff single enables Florida to go 4-0 for the very first time.
3. Rockies enjoy their Easter Ham(els) early – It was a Cole night in hell as Colorado beats the Phillies ace, 10-3.
4. “Aa” is for Aardsma and “V” is for victory – M’s beat A’s, 5-4.
5. Crede homers as White Sox wi…check that as Twins win – Minnesota returns to scene of their 2008 163rd game and this time win 12-5.
6. “Extra! Extra!” Nats still lose but at least it took extra-innings – Braves win in 10 over Washington 6-5.
7. C’mon all together now, “Houston, we have a problem!” – Cards defeat the Astros, 5-3.
8. Lucky Cleveland fans see a really long game – Indians wait nearly four hours through a rain delay to lose to the Jays, 13-7 to fall to 0-4.
9. He’s their number four starter?!? – Andy Pettitte and his Yankees beat the Royals, 4-1. Mo gets his first save.
Happy birthday to my wonderful daughter Elizabeth!!!
Natural and Organic Groceries – Save $15 and get a free Earthwise shopping bag when you spend $59 or more on a huge eligible selection of natural and organic groceries including Newman’s Own, Kashi, and more!>