Bill Chuck (Billy-Ball his own self)
FROM THE BILL CHUCK FILES…
By Baseball Newstalgist, Bill Chuck
NINE TO KNOW – APRIL 7, 2009
Here are nine things to know in order to talk baseball today.
1. “I don’t care too much for money, `cause money can’t buy me wins.” Joe Girardi post-game song after CC has nothing.
2. “The Tribe Falls Off a Cliff” – Lee has nothing as the Rangers beat up the Indians.
3. “There’s no place like Dome, there’s no place like Dome” – Junior goes deep as Seattle Metro-dumps the Twins.
4. “We are full of bull!” – The Mets bullpen shines as Santana tops the Reds, 2-1.
5. “Ice-cold Labatts and red-hot Lind bats” – Jays trash the Tigers
6. “If its Opening Day, it must mean the A’s were shut out.” – The Angels win 3-0, Fuentes gets his first save.
7. “Largest crowd in Petco Park’s six-year history see the Padres go to the dog house.” – If Peavy doesn’t beat the Dodgers, then San Diego could go winless this season.
8. “Let me be the first to say it, `Hapless Houston'” – Cubs win behind Soriano and Zambrano.
9. “Hell has frozen over!” – The first-place Pirates score four in the 9th to top the Cards.
Bill Chuck is the creator of Billy-Ball.com (www.Billy-Ball.com) and, with Jim Kaplan, is the author of the book, “Walk-Offs, Last Licks, and Final Outs – Baseball’s Grand (and not so Grand) Finales,” with a Foreword by Jon Miller, published by ACTA Sports, and available worldwide.
Bill Chuck is available for radio appearances, and writing for print or the web. Please contact me at Bill@billy-ball.com or by calling 617-566-2784.