From the Bill Chuck Files…
- Yu Darvish leads the majors with 35 whiffs of the first two batters in the batting order. Justin Verlander is next with 30, followed by Max Scherzer and CC Sabathia, 26 each.
- Justin Masterson leads the majors with 338 called strikes, followed by Cliff Lee with 335, and C.J. Wilson with 334.
- Shin-Soo Choo has worked the count full 67 times, followed by Josh Willingham with 61, and Paul Goldschmidt with 60.
- The Red Sox have the most two strike hits with 275, but the Orioles have the most 0-2 hits with 60 and homers with six.
- The Rockies 3-4 batters have the most homers with 40 and hits with 192. The Tigers 3-4 batters lead with 125 RBI.
- No batter has swung and missed on fastballs than Mike Napoli with 87, Mark Reynolds is next with 84, followed by Justin Upton with 80.
- Since May 20, Wilton Lopez, Tim Collins, Robbie Ross, Luke Gregerson, Luis Avilan, Joel Peralta, Joe Thatcher, Jim Johnson, and Jeremy Affeldt have all appeared in 16 games.
- Ryan Vogelsong, Mark Buehrle, Wily Peralta, Clayton Richard and Jeremy Hellickson lead the majors with six games of allowing 5+ runs.
- There have been 12 pitchers who have allowed at least four homers in game this season: Chris Tillman, Josh Stinson, Ervin Santana, Jarrod Parker, Brett Myers, Matt Magill, Kyle Lohse, Dan Haren, Jeremy Guthrie, Freddy Garcia, John Danks, and Dave Bush.