These days I can’t help but think about the two most names dominating US news: Edward Snowden and Alex Rodriguez.
Nine to Know
- Snowden’s leaks were filled with NSA secrets, A-Rod’s leaks were filled with secretive PEDs.
- The Pentagon operation to counter the attack that Snowden was working on at the NSA was called “Operation Buckshot Yankee.” The MLB operation may have the same name.
- For weeks, Snowden was stuck in limbo at the Moscow Airport. For weeks, Rodriguez has been stuck in limbo at the Tampa airport.
- Snowden’s girlfriend is faux celebrity pole-dancer Lindsay Mills, Rodriguez’ girlfriend is faux celebrity Playboy model Torrie Wilson.
- Yankees GM Brian Cashman said, ‘Alex should just shut the f— up.’ USA GM Barack Obama probably said, ‘Edward should just shut the f— up.’
- They have each had their share of reporters who have broken their stories: Snowden’s led by the British The Guardian‘s reporter Glenn Greenwald. A-Rod’s led by American’s guardian USA Today and its reporter Bob Nightengale.
- They have each have had their defenders: Snowden has WikiLeaks Julian Assange, Rodriguez has the New York Times columnist William Rhoden.
- The fate of Snowden will, in part, be determined by Russia’s Commissar Vladimir “Bud” Putin, the fate of Rodriguez will, in part, been determined by MLB’s Commissar Allan “Bud” Selig.
- While in Russia, Edward Snowden should look up the Chicago Tribune’s international reporter/correspondent Alex Rodriguez who in May 2002 was named as the Moscow Bureau Chief working out of Moscow, covering news of Russia and the former Soviet republics.