There were 10 games played yesterday and in half of them a team was held to one run:
- Blue Jays 2, Red Sox 1
- Tigers 4, Royals 1
- Rays 7, Mariners 1
- Reds 2, Brewers 1
- Mets 4, Padres 1
There have been 393 games this season in which one team scored exactly one run, 35 resulted in 1-0 victories.
No team has been held to one run more frequently this season than the Brewers or less than the Tigers and Orioles
- The Tigers were held to one run in four games (0-4) in 1934.
- The Orioles were held to one run in six games (1-5) in 1994.
- The Yankees 14 one run games ties them with the totals for 10 other seasons. Their franchise record is 30 in 1917, followed by 27 in 1967.
- The Phillies lost 35 one run games in 1942.
- The 1942 Phils (1-35) and the 1965 Mets (6-30) played the most (36) one run games in a season (since 1916).
- The Dodgers won 10 1-0 games in 1964.
The Brewers are heading for a franchise record for most one run games
Nine to Know
Most one run scored games in a season
In the 98 seasons tracked since 1916, the 393 one run games this season already ranks 45th.