Here’s where we stand this morning:
AL Wild Card
NL Wild Card
If the postseason began today
In the AL:
The Rays and the Rangers would meet in the AL play-in game with the winer going to Fenway to face the Red Sox and the losers going home. The A’s and the Tigers would be meeting in the other bracket.
In the NL:
The Reds and the Pirates would meet in the NL play-in game with the winner heading to Atlanta to face the Braves and the losers going homer. The Dodgers and Cardinals would meet in the other bracket.
But the season doesn’t end today
In the AL
- Tampa has four with Baltimore, then heads to New York for three and Toronto for three.
- Texas heads to Kansas City for three, then closes out at home against with the Astros for three and the Angels for four.
- Cleveland hosts the Astros for three and the White Sox for two, then heads to the Twin Cities for a four gamer.
- Kansas City host the Rangers for three and then hit the road for three in Seattle and four against the White Sox.
- Baltimore heads to Tampa for four and then back home to face Toronto and Boston for three each.
- The Yankees host the Giants and Rays for three each and then close in Houston for three.
In the NL
- The Reds head to Pittsburgh for three, and then host the Mets and Bucs for three each.
- The Pirates host the Reds for three, and then close out on the road in Wrigley and Cincy for three.
- The Cardinals are in Milwaukee for three then head home to face the Nats and the Cubs for three each.
- The Nationals welcome the Marlins and head to St. Louis and Arizona for three each.