Nine to Know: 04/24/17
- The White Sox, and Orioles are the only teams who have not received the automatic IBB.
- Of the first 26 walkoff RBI this season in the majors, they were achieved by 26 different batters off 26 different pitchers.
- In his first 18 games with the Indians, Edwin Encarnacion struck out at once in eight of them and twice in nine of them.
- More runs have been scored in the 1st inning than any other (305), yet the Giants and Angels have only been able to contribute four runs apiece.
- In the Nationals first 13 wins, Bryce Harper has driven home 20 runs and hit .543. In the Nats’ first five losses, Harper has gone 1-19, a single (.053).
- In Trevor Story’s first 35 AB on the road this season, he whiffed 18 times and hit .171. In Story’s first 30 AB at home, he has hit .167.
- Anibal Sanchez has allowed five homers in five starts; four were three-run blasts and one was good for two runs. Of the 17 runs he’s allowed this season 14 were as a result of homers
- The Orioles great closer Zach Britton is on the shelf with forearm soreness, when he returns he will still have a 71-game streak of not allowing a home run. The last gopher ball he threw was on April 11, 2016 to Mookie Betts.
- Of all the players who have debuted this season my favorite named is Rookie Davis, the Reds pitcher who will probably have to change his name next year.