NINE TO KNOW from The Bill Chuck Files 04-16-17
- George Springer, Khris Davis, and Yoenis Cespedes have each hit six homers this season; the Red Sox have hit five as a team.
- The Yankees have the lowest batting average against lefties so far this season hitting .148, the MLB average is .230.
- The Mets are still hitting just .162 leading off an inning, the worst in baseball.
- Red Sox, White Sox, and Tigers are the only teams without a home run from their clean-up batter yet this season.
- Jose Altuve hit 24 home runs last season, but this season he has none in 55 PA , the most of any MLB batter. He also only has two RBI after 96 last season.
- Mookie Betts has 36 PA this season without a strikeout. On the other hand, he has only one RBI.
- The Tigers and Rockies are already 4-0 in one-run games. On the other hand, the Giants are 0-4.
- The Dodgers (59 scored – 34 allowed) and the Twins (52 scored – 27 allowed) each have a +25 run differential, the largest in the majors.
- Keep your eyes on Astros reliever Chris Devenski who in his first 9.0 IP has 17 strikeouts.