From the Bill Chuck Files…
Nine to Know: Zeros
- The Blue Jays have one win in nine games maybe they should try something different – Toronto is the only team in the majors with zero steals (and they’ve only been caught once).
- Here’s another suggestion to the Toronto pitchers: get your team fired up – the Blue Jays staff is the only team in the majors with zero hit batsmen.
- The Cardinals are a very un-Cardinal like 3-6 to start the season and they are the only team in the majors with zero saves.
- Phillies pitchers have walked 38 batters but they are the only staff in the majors with zero wild pitches.
- The Giants, Yankees, and Rangers are the last three teams to have not tried the “high four” – they have offered zero intentional passes.
- Whatever the Twins are doing, they should just keep doing it – Minnesota has been successful in six steals attempts, they are the only team in the majors with zero caught stealings.
- What is the deal with Dustin Pedroia? (That should have been read with a Jerry Seinfeld voice in your head) – So far this season, Pedroia has 10 hits and zero extra base knocks.
- On the other hand, Carlos Gomez has two doubles and three homers and Taylor Motter has four doubles and one homer and they each have zero singles.
- Then there are Ben Zobrist and Leonys Martin who each have 10 AB with runners in scoring position with zero hits. Leonys also has zero RBI.