Bill Chuck (Billy-Ball his own self)
FROM THE BILL CHUCK FILES…
By Baseball Newstalgist, Bill Chuck
NINE TO KNOW
April 8, 2009
1. 1. They needed an extra day to get their Sox out of the laundry – Both the White and Red Sox win their weather-delayed openers.
2. Tim Lincecums and goes, but the Giants drink a strange Brew called “Victory!” – Jeff Suppan has now given up 10 home runs in season openers.
3. Are the Marlins just good or are the Nationals simply bad? – Yes.
4. The Dodgers are the team that cried “Wolf!” – The Padres beat Randy and LA.
5. Over the last four years, the Phils are 0-8 – Will somebody tell the Phillies that the first two games of the season count? The Braves win again.
6. Wondering who this year’s Tigers will be? – It’s the Tigers! The Jays beat them again.
7. Extra, extra, read all about it – Astros beat Cubs in 10; Kevin Gregg opens instead of closes.
8. Hell thaws – Cards stop the Pirates winning streak at one.
9. Bob Feller can smile for another year – Rapid Robert still is the only one to ever pitch an Opening Day no-hitter.
To unsubscribe/change profile: