Bill Chuck (Billy-Ball his own self)
FROM THE BILL CHUCK FILES…
By Baseball Newstalgist, Bill Chuck
NINE TO KNOW
April 9, 2009
Here are nine things you need to know in order to talk baseball today.
1. The Nationals are still perfect, perfectly awful – The Marlins sweep to go 3-0, but before the 6,200 Marlins fans start to queue up for World Series tickets just remember the only two teams that started 3-0 last year were Kansas City (75-87) and the Nationals (59-102).
2. What’s Wang with the Yankees? – So far their starting pitching ain’t worth a dime.
3. Ichiro’s ulcer was improving – And then he saw the Mariners lose to the Twins.
4. Take a closer look – K-Rod struggles but saves the Mets; Fuentes struggles and takes the Angels loss.
5. Home is where the loss is – In his last 17 starts at home, Jon Lester was 11-1; didn’t anybody tell Scott Kazmir and the Rays?
6. Big Unit, Big Giant Debut, Big Disappointment – Yovani Gallardo out-pitches Randy Johnson and becomes the first pitcher to homer off of him.
7. Aldous Huxley was wrong, it’s not a Braves new world after all – The Phils come back from a 10-3 deficit by scoring eight in the 7th to win, 12-11.
8. The World Series may get an earlier start time – The first pitch could be thrown about 30 minutes earlier between 7:50 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. ET. And here I was hoping for October 2.
9. Keith Olbermann’s mom passed away on Saturday. Besides giving birth to Keith, Marie became well known in her own right when she was hit by an errant throw from Chuck Knobloch. – Here’s a very moving tribute (with video of the throw)
Natural and Organic Groceries – Save $15 and get a free Earthwise shopping bag when you spend $59 or more on a huge eligible selection of natural and organic groceries including Newman’s Own, Kashi, and more!
To unsubscribe/change profile: