The answers can be found on Billy-Ball.com.
1. Manny B Manny was in the on-deck circle waiting to make his ChiSox debut when A.J. Pierzynski hit a tiebreaking, three-run homer off Frank Herrmann last night in the 9th inning to lift the White Sox to a 4-3 win over the Cleveland Indians. When Kirk Gibson homered off Dennis Eckersley in the 1988 World Series, who was in the on-deck circle for the Dodgers?
a) Steve Sax b) Mickey Hatcher c) Maury Wills
2. With their 5-2 win over Boston last night, the Orioles ensured their first winning record at home against the Red Sox since 1998. Yesterday was Frank Robinson’s 75th birthday, who was the first Oriole to have his number retired?
a) Frank Robinson b) Brooks Robinson c) Boog Powell
3. Jose Bautista hit his major league-leading 43rd homer during a 10-run 6th inning and the Blue Jays beat Tampa Bay, 13-5. Who was the last Blue Jay to lead the league in homers?
a) Jesse Barfield b) Vernon Wells c) Fred McGriff
4. The Red Sox are now 74-58 on the season. What was their record last September 1?
a) 80-51 b) 77-54 c) 74-57
5. Wandy Rodriguez and three relievers tossed ae three-hitter as the Astros beat the Cardinals, 3-0. Rodriguez now 62 wins for the Astros, third most of any lefty. Who has the most?
a) Jim Deshaies b) Bob Knepper c) Mike Hampton
6. This was the second straight shutout by the Astros over the Cardinals, J.A Happ shut them out on two hits Monday night. Over the last 10 seasons, there have been three pitchers who have held the Cardinals to two hits or less in a shutout, which one of the following has not?
a) Jeff Francis b) Tim Lincecum c) Ben Sheets
7. Who had the largest crowd last night?
a) Atlanta b) Cincinnati c) Houston
8. Joey Votto drove in three runs in the Reds 8-4 win over the Brewers last night. Votto Has 97 RBI on the season. Who holds the Reds RBI record for a season?
a) Frank Robinson b) Johnny Bench c) George Foster
9. The San Francisco Giants beat the Colorado Rockies 5-2 last night to move within four games of the NL West-leading San Diego Padres. When was the last time the Giants finished first in the West?
a) 2002 b) 2003 c) 2004
10. In the Giants win, Brian Wilson worked the 9th for his 37th save. Who holds the Giants record for saves?
a) Brian Wilson b) Robb Nen c) Rod Beck
11. The Diamondbacks beat San Diego 7-4 last night to hand the NL West-leading Padres their sixth straight loss. Who had the worst record in August?
a) Arizona b) San Diego c) San Francisco
12. After Felix Hernandez left the game, the Mariners rallied for 3-1 win over the Angels. King Felix is 10-10 this season despite having a 2.38 ERA. In his 10 losses, how many combined runs have the Mariners scored for Hernandez?
a) 10 b) 15 c) 20
13. The Twins bullpen of Matt Guerrier, Randy Flores, Jesse Crain and Matt Capps held the Tigers to just one hit after starter Brian Duensing gave up three unearned runs on nine hits in 6 2/3 innings and Minnesota rallied for 4-3 win over Detroit. The Twins record in one-run games is now?
a) 24-20 b) 22-22 c) 20-24
14. In the Yankees 11-3 last night over the Athletics, Derek Jeter continued to struggle going 0 for 3 with a walk, and he now has two hits in his last 30 at-bats. Which of the following AL shortstops has the higher batting average this season?
a) Derek Jeter b) Marco Scutaro c) Jason Bartlett
15. Brian Schneider and Ryan Howard each hit three-run homers as the Philadelphia Phillies topped the Dodgers, 8-4. With the win, the Phillies improved to 34-33 on the road this season. Which of NL team has the most road wins this season?
a) Padres b) Braves c) Reds
16. Chad Tracy hit a walkoff single in the 10th inning as the Marlins beat the Washington Nationals, 1-0. It was their 9th walkoff win of the season. The Marlins have a winning record against two divisions this season, which division is the only one with the edge?
a) NL East b) NL Central c) NL West
17. Willie Bloomquist stole third with one out and scored on a walkoff wild pitch with two outs in the 9th to give the Kansas City Royals a 10-9 win over the Texas Rangers. Joakim Soria (1-2) picked up the victory. In four seasons with KC, Soria has 125 saves, who has more saves since 2007?
a) Joe Nathan b) Francisco Rodriguez c) Bobby Jenks
18. Pittsburgh beat the Chicago Cubs 14-7 to end a 14-game losing streak away from PNC Park. The Cubs are now 56-77. When is the last time they lost 100 games?
a) 2006 b) 1986 c) 1966
19. David Ross hit his first career grand slam, and the Atlanta Braves routed the New York Mets, 9-2. The Mets played August winning and/or losing how many consecutive games?
a) 2 b) 3 c) 4
20. Mark Teixeira hit his 30th homer of the season last night giving him seven straight 30+ homer seasons. He now has 272 homers in his career, how many have been hit as a first baseman?
a) 246 b) 256 c) 266