Roy Halladay (15-4) became the NL’s first 15-game winner as the Philadelphia Phillies beat the Los Angeles Dodgers, 5-3.
- Philadelphia improved their major league best record to 75-40.
- Dan Uggla extended his hitting streak to 29 games by beating out a grounder to short as his Atlanta Braves beat the Florida Marlins, 8-5.
- Pittsburgh ended its 10-game losing g streak as Charlie Morton and Jose Veras combined on a six-hit shutout over the slumping San Francisco Giants, 5-0.
- The Giants have lost nine of 11.
- Casey Kotchman led off the 9th inning with a walkoff home run to give the Tampa Bay Rays a 2-1 win over the Kansas City Royals.
- Lucas Duda hit a two-run walkoff single as the Mets scored three in the 9th to defeat Heath Bell, and the San Diego Padres, 9-8.
- The Mets (57-57) and the Indians (56-56) are both at .500.
- The White Sox refuse to die. They won their fourth straight beating the Baltimore Orioles, 7-6.