Nine to Know
- The 1988 Cleveland Indians went 78-84 for manager Doc Edwards, despite current Indians manager Terry Francona hitting .311, current Red Sox manager John Farrell going 14-10, current Rangers manager Ron Washington hitting .256, and current Padres manager Buddy Black going 2-3.
- Since 2007, Matt Holliday, Andre Ethier, Robinson Cano, and Miguel Cabrera are the only players with at least 30 doubles in each season.
- In each of the last two seasons, David Price has averaged 2.5 walks per 9 innings and 8.7 strikeouts per 9 innings.
- Hideki Matsui ended his major league career with 175 homers hit since 2003, the same as Miguel Tejada. Including Japan, Matsui hit 507 home runs.
- The Detroit Tigers pitchers set a team record last season with 1318 strikeouts, smashing their 2011 and 1968 record of 1115.
- Lance Berkman has hit 360 HR, the same as Gary Gaetti, and has 1200 RBI, one more than Jim Edmonds and one less than Chuck Klein.
- Over the last three seasons, 2014 free agent pitcher Phil Hughes has had a 1.295 WHIP and Anibal Sanchez has had a 1.296.
- Both Adrian Beltre and Aramis Ramirez have been in the bigs since 1998. Beltre has 346 homers, 1215 RBI, and a .280 BA. Ramirez has 342 homers, 1227 RBI, and a .285 BA.
- Ryan Braun, Matt Holliday, and Derek Jeter all have lifetime .313 batting averages.