Brandon Moss hit his second home run of the night with two outs in the bottom of the 19th inning to give the Oakland Athletics a walkoff 10-8 victory over the Los Angeles Angels. It was career walkoff homer number three for Moss.
The two teams played 6 hours, 32 minutes, the longest game ever played in Oakland and the longest in Angels history. The game ended at 1:41 a.m.
Nine to Know about the longest major league game of the season
- Yoenis Cespedes singled off the left-center wall with two outs in bottom of the 9th against Angels closer Ernesto Frieri to tie the game at 7-7.
- Each team scored in the 15th inning.
- Albert Pujols had four hits including two homers, but his error in the 15th led to the tying run.
- Josh Hamilton went 0-for-8 with three strikeouts
- It was the longest game since the Pirates beat the Cardinals 6-3 in 19 innings last August 19 in St. Louis.
- The Angels went 15-for-70 with three homers, six walks and 18 whiffs.
- The A’s went 16-for-71 with two homers, six walks and 17 whiffs.
- Oakland pitchers threw 299 pitches while the Angels pitchers tossed just 298.
- Pujols is now tied with Mickey Mantle and Harmon Killebrew with 46 multi-homer games
|1||Babe Ruth||72||Ind. Games||146|
|2||Barry Bonds||71||Ind. Games||146|
|3||Sammy Sosa||69||Ind. Games||144|
|4||Mark McGwire||67||Ind. Games||139|
|5||Willie Mays||63||Ind. Games||130|
|6||Hank Aaron||62||Ind. Games||125|
|7||Alex Rodriguez||60||Ind. Games||124|
|8||Ken Griffey||55||Ind. Games||112|
|9||Jimmie Foxx||55||Ind. Games||112|
|10||Frank Robinson||54||Ind. Games||109|
|11||Manny Ramirez||54||Ind. Games||110|
|12||Mel Ott||49||Ind. Games||99|
|13||Eddie Mathews||49||Ind. Games||99|
|14||Carlos Delgado||49||Ind. Games||104|
|15||Jim Thome||48||Ind. Games||98|
|16||Juan Gonzalez||48||Ind. Games||99|
|17||Albert Pujols||46||Ind. Games||96|
|18||Mickey Mantle||46||Ind. Games||93|
|19||Harmon Killebrew||46||Ind. Games||93|