John Mayberry Jr. entered the game against the Marlins pinch-hitting for the Phillies in the 7th and striking out.
His next time up, Mayberry tied it with a homer off Steve Cishek in the bottom of the 10th.
He came up one more time with two outs in the bottom of the 11th and he hit his first career grand slam as the Philadelphia Phillies beat the Miami Marlins 7-3. He is the first Phil to hit a walkoff grand slam since Dale Murphy against the Chicago Cubs on Aug. 6, 1991.
The Nationals won their first game of the season when trailing after six innings when they scored a pair of runs in the 9th to top the Mets, 3-2. Steve Lombardozzi hit a walkoff sac fly for the win
Nationals Inning-by-inning scoring
Andrelton Simmons hit a walkoff double off Mark Melancon in the 10th inning, giving the Atlanta Braves a 5-4 win over the Pirates. Russell Martin started for the first time in the outfield for the battling Bucs and B.J. Upton hit his 6th homer of the season and went 1-for-5 to raise his batting average to .154.
Yuniesky Betancourt hit a line drive walkoff double to right-center in the bottom of the 10th inning, giving the Brewers a 4-3 victory over the Oakland A’s. Yoenis Cespedes hit a pair of homers, his first career multihomer game. Juan Francisco made his first ever start at first base for the Brewers, he has played 119 games at third.
Check out all the close games from last night:
- Yankees 4, Indians 3 – David Phelps allowed just an infield single in six shutout innings for NY. Mark Teixeira hit a three-run homer
- Nationals 3, Mets 2 – walkoff
- Phillies 7, Marlins 3 (11) – walkoff
- Braves 5, Pirates 4 (10) – walkoff
- Rockies 5, Reds 4 – Troy Tulowitzki hit a umpire-reviewed two-run homer in the 8th for the Rox
- Diamondbacks 7, Cardinals 6 (14) – Cardinals are now 0-4 in extra innings this season
- Dodgers 9, Padres 7 – Yasiel Puig in his second major league game homered twice and drove in five runs for LA
- Angels 4, Cubs 3 – Albert Pujols hit a go-ahead homer in the 8th inning and drove in three runs for the Halos. Pujols now has 54 homers against the Cubs, the most he has hit against any team.
- Brewers 4, A’s 3 (10) – walkoff
- Giants 2, Blue Jays 1 – Tim Lincecum ended a three-start losing streak and Andres Torres hit a two-run homer for the Giants