After a year of penance for a professional mis-direction, Billy-Ball.com is back for a year of pennants.
The best news is that the site will be home for two Bills for the price of one: The Bill Chuck Files will be joined by the genius work of Bill Arnold’s Beyond the Box Score.
Until we get rolling, we will not have new content each day. If you need a fix of good writing there are many places where I can tell you to go; I’m an expert on that, people tell me where to go all the time.
Nine to Know – April 10, 2017
- The Diamondbacks are the only team thus far without a sac fly or a sac bunt.
- When getting 10+ hits a game this season, Arizona is 5-0, Atlanta is 0-3.
- The Phillies and the Royals are the only teams in the majors without an error.
- The Cardinals, Braves, White Sox, and Astros starters have not yet allowed a run in the 1st inning; the Nationals starters have permitted 14.
- The Royals, Pirates, Twins, Red Sox, Reds, and Diamondbacks have yet to score a 1st inning run. Despite that, the Diamondbacks lead the majors scoring 48 runs.
- The Mariners’ clean-up batters are hitting .080; going 2-15 with a double and two RBI.
- The Mets batters leading off an inning are hitting .096; going 5-52 with a pair of homers.
- Padres catchers are now 0-23 on the season with two walks and eight whiffs.
- The most popular count for home runs thus far this season? 1-1 and 2-2 – 27 home runs each.