Nine to Know: From the Bill Chuck Files – April 12, 2017
- The Rockies have hit 110 ground balls and 110 fly balls this season.
- The Phillies and the Rays are the only teams who have not yet been hit by a pitch this season.
- The Blue Jays are the only team without a stolen base this season; they failed in their only attempt.
- The Mets lead the majors with 15 homers and lead the majors with 11 bases-empty homers.
- The Royals are the only team to have played errorless ball in 2017.
- In 2007, Jose Bautista started the season with no homers in his first seven games. He hasn’t homered in his first seven games this season either. The difference? Besides being 10 years older, in 2007, he hit .308 in those first seven; this season he’s hitting .120.
- The Pirates and Indians are the only teams without a two-out homer; of course the Bucs have only hit three homers this season (the same as the Red Sox) for the fewest in the majors.
- Through the first seven games the Red Sox played last season, David Ortiz had hit three home runs. Through the first seven games the Red Sox have played this season, they have hit three home runs.
- Yoenis Cespedes became the first Met ever to have two three-homer games