Each Sunday, in remembrance of my friend Nick Cafardo, I post “the Bill Chuck Files” (named by Nick in his Sunday Baseball Notes column)
Second Half Stars
In the second half of the season (that’s from team game #82 onward), Jose Altuve leads the majors in batting hitting .375. The future Hall-of-Famer is 48-128. His teammate Yuli Gurriel is right behind him hitting .370.
It’s way too early to say about Cooperstown for these two but in the second half of the season, Rafael Devers leads the majors with 37 RBI in 32 games followed by Yuli Gurriel’s 34 ribbies in 29 games.
On the mound, a familiar name leads the majors in ERA, Jacob deGrom has a 1.62 ERA having allowed just seven runs in 39.0 IP Free-agent to-be Gerrit Cole has a 1.69 ERA. Cole has 65 strikeouts, the most in the majors, in just 48.0 innings pitched. Lance Lynn is next with 62 whiffs in 48.0 IP.
Of the 81 pitchers listed, 79th in ERA is Chris Sale (7.47). I wrote yesterday Sale may be the worst starter in baseball. Not only that, Sale is making $15 million this season and $30 million each of the next three years.
How dominant are the Dodgers this season?
- The Dodgers at 18-6 have the best record vs. the NL East
- The Dodgers at 19-11 have the best record vs. the NL Central
- The Dodgers at 33-17 have the best record vs. the NL West
- The Dodgers at 42-15 have the best home record in the NL
- The Dodgers at 50-27 have the best record vs righties in the NL
- The Dodgers at 23-13 have the best record vs lefties in the NL
The Astros are 16-1 when scoring 10+ runs, they have scored 10 runs more often than any other team. The Yankees have scored 10+ runs in 15 games and won them all.
The Rockies went 6-19 in July, a .240 winning pct. that was the lowest for any full month in franchise history.
Guess the leaders
These six lead the leaders in what category?
The above are the MLB leaders in multi-hit games this season. Did you predict any of these guys before the season?
A dozen goose eggs
These twelve pitchers lead the majors in scoreless appearances
In games following their team’s loss, these pitchers lead the majors in wins:
These are baseball’s .400+ hitters on Mondays
Please tweet to #MoscowMitch:
This country needs:
- Full background checks to purchase a gun
- A “Red Flag” law to prevent people who should not own a gun from purchasing a gun
- To ban semi-automatic assault rifles, America’s weapons of mass destruction
- A minimum age of 21-years old for gun purchase
- The retirement of Mitch O’Connell
- The encarceration Donald J. Trump
Please be safe.